Vacancy - Festival Manager
Put on hold in March 2020 due to the initial circumstances surrounding Covid-19, we are now re-opening the recruitment process for the position of Festival Manager.
Cork Midsummer Festival is an annual multi-disciplinary arts festival that uses the city as its backdrop and inspiration. It provides high-quality arts events, both national and international, for audiences of all ages. Its programme provides opportunities for significant public participation and engagement, supports the development of emerging artists across all artforms, and provides a unique platform for work by local and national artists.
Reporting directly to the Festival Director, the Festival Manager is a senior member of the core team, responsible for managing the delivery of all the organisation’s activities. The Festival is in a period of growth in terms of ambition and profile and this is a newly created position. The successful candidate will have significant management experience, strong financial skills, be highly motivated and have excellent organisational, administrative and computer skills. A background in arts management is desirable. The ability to manage finances, prepare funding applications and a flexible approach to working hours are pre-requisites.
This position is a year-round, full time position. A salary commensurate with experience will apply.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter by email to Lorraine Maye, Director, at email@example.com. For further information please contact Cork Midsummer Festival on +353 21 4215131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Applications for this position will be accepted until 5pm on Monday 5th October 2020.
Reporting to the Festival Director to ensure the smooth running of the Festival and the delivery of the organisation’s activities, the duties of the Festival Manager include:
- To act as one of the core team to deliver the Festival’s short, medium and long term aims, reporting to the Festival Director.
- Day to day financial control and management of the company’s finances.
- To act as overall project manager for all of the organisation’s activities.
- To maintain and control the budget for all the organisation’s activities.
- To oversee preparation of accounts and cash-flow projections
- To oversee office management and effective administration.
- To liaise with the Board, attending meetings, sending reports and minutes.
- To act as HR Manager for the company.
- To line-manage all Festival staff, including all freelance contracts.
- To contract all artists / productions.
- To oversee all legal and contractual compliance for the Festival.
- To deputize for the Festival Director as required.
- To explore new sponsorship and philanthropic opportunities, grant-making trusts and foundations at home and abroad.
- Any other duties as required by the Board or Festival Director
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience at a management level
- Excellent financial management skills
- A proven track record in arts and/or event management
- Excellent writing, communication and organisational skills
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a busy environment with a high level of time and stress management
- Highly motivated, practical and resourceful
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Team player
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Fluent English
- Familiarity with Sage or other accounting software
- Experience in managing significant funding applications and grant claims
- Experience in developing sponsorship proposals and securing sponsorship